1411 Portage Road
Toll Free: 1.888.689.0070
135-4370 Lorimer Road
Toll Free: 1.888.689.0070
P O Box, 740,
38261 Cleveland Avenue
Toll Free: 1.800.617.5511
Whistler Real Estate Newsletter
A NEW YEAR, WHAT TO EXPECT IN 2012...
It is with great anticipation that we enter 2012, the year of the Dragon. We are enjoying a stellar ski season with the mountains hosting record numbers of boarders and skiers over the holiday period. With much of North America and Europe in disfavor with the snow gods this year Whistler is blessed to be the recipient of many snowfalls and our base is now 200cm plus. With great snow comes more interest in our real estate opportunities. The RE/MAX Team has been busy answering questions and touring potential buyers so we are anticipating an increase in sales by the spring.
There are some very good prices being offered so we are confident that will help stimulate the sales and stabilize the market. We are also seeing a drop in property assessments by about 6% to reflect the changes in the real estate market so we can also expect a drop in taxes due this July.
We recommend that potential buyers and sellers work closely with our agents to discover the best opportunities. Our agents will micro-analyse these statistics based on your actual criteria, so that you will be provided with more detailed information on how the market will affect your purchase or sale.
RESORT MUNICIPALITY OF WHISTLER CHANGES USER PAY PARKING IN WHISTLER.
- Lots 4 and 5 are no charge to park starting December 21, 2011.
- Lots 1, 2 and 3 remains at $2 per hour to a maximum of $8 per day.
Changing the pricing of Whistler Day Lot Parking will result in a further reduction in budgeted revenues which are now anticipated at approximately $645,000 per year. This revenue level will require the RMOW to subsidize... read more here
SUCCESSFUL LAUNCH OF SKATING AT WHISTLER'S OLYMPIC PARK.
Skating at Olympic Plaza attracted an estimated 8,000 people during the two week holiday period. With room for up to 80 skaters at a time, skating at Olympic Plaza is as intimate as it is spectacular. The goal of Skating at Olympic Plaza is to add value to the family experience and offer a new way to enjoy the Village, keeping Whistler fresh and exciting.
Thinking of selling your home then check out our "ARE YOU FIT TO SELL" programme - which offers home staging & other home improvements tips from Real Estate & Home Staging Experts: more information
WHISTLER THIS MONTH
19th TELUS WINTER CLASSIC - January 27th - 28th
THE TELUS WINTER CLASSIC IS BACK BIGGER AND BETTER FOR 2012! This action-packed weekend features fun filled ski events, wine, beer and food galore, the famous silent and live auctions and fabulous live entertainment and the BEST part is that all proceeds from the event go to support Non-Profit Charities! Come out and join them for an event that you don't want to miss... more information
WHISTLER'S WINTERPRIDE - February 5th - 12th
Don't miss one of the biggest and best gay ski weeks in the world! 2012 marks the 20th anniversary of Whistler's WinterPRIDE. The celebration features a full slate of events from dog sledding and snowmobiling adventures to wine tasting, a pool party, snowball dance, fantastic skiing and snowboarding and everything in-between.
MORE UPCOMING WHISTLER EVENTS
- Fresh Tracks Mountain Top Breakfast every day until April. Upload between 7:30 and 8:30 am, access is limited to the first 650 people
- Free Mountain Tours every day until April. Meet at the lightboards on Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains.
- Fire and Ice Shows every Sunday until April, at 6:30 pm at the base of the Whistler Village Gondola.
- Performance Series - Buzz Brass - January 21st. The show starts at 8 PM at Millennium Place and can be purchased here.
- Kokanee Valley Race Series - GS - December 26th. No experience necessary, registration at Whistler Blackcomb Guest Relations.
- Canadian Avalanche Foundation Fundraiser - January 31st. Join the Canadian Avalanche Foundation (CAF) between 5 to 9 PM at Creekbread Restaurant in support of CAF's focus on avalanche public information, research and education.
- FIBT Bobsleigh and Skeleton World Cup - February 2nd - 4th. Competitions start at 3 PM on February 2 and 3, and at 4 PM on February 4.
For more information about upcoming events click here
All information is provided by the Whistler Listing System and is deemed to be accurate. The Whistler Listing System and RE/MAX Sea to Sky Real Estate Whistler make no warranties or guarantees as to the accuracy of the information and cannot be held responsible in the event of error.